Tuesday 25 September 2012

Illamasqua 'Ambition' - The perfect blush?

So on my birthday I went to what I've decided is now one of my favourite places, Illamasqua. Illamasqua is a brand that I've quickly grown to adore, for many reasons, and after my little makeover from the absolutely lovely Leeds girls I got majorly excited over quite a few products, and this power blush in particular.
 
 
 
'Ambition' is described by Illamasqua as a 'neutral, shimmer finish'. I'd be tempted to say its slightly more on the pinky-peach side than neutral, but it certainly has a shimmer finish. On Illamasqua's website the blush seems to look a bit more brown than it does in real life, so don't let that put you off.
 
 
The colour is absolutely beautiful, and applies like a dream. It's such a buildable blush that you can sweep a subtle glow over the apples, or opt for a more dramatic flush. Since I bought it I haven't put it down, it makes a great daytime blush and for nights out I apply just a little bit more. At £18 it's probably one of the more expensive blushers that I've purchased, but it's 100% worth the money. The incredible quality of Illamasqua's products doesn't go unnoticed.  
 
 
Pros
 
The colour lasts all day, it's definitely a long-wearing blush.
 
The shimmer element makes this a perfect daytime blush to add a subtle glow to any make-up look.
 
The pigmentation is great.
 
Cons
 
Unfortunately... there are none!
 
Summary
 
This is an amazing blush from Illamasqua that has fast become a staple in my make-up bag. It's versatile, long wearing and most importantly for any girl... it's shimmery! It's so easy to wear that it would suit most skin tones. A failsafe.
 
 
What's everyone's holy grail blush?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like the perfect shade! <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Absolutely lovely, can't fault it! xx

      Delete